Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Life As We Knew It (Moon, #1) Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

rating: 4 of 5 stars

I came across this book one day while listening to the end of a classroom presentation by one of the high school librarians in our local school district. Apparently this book was on a recommended reading list for our state's high school student. The plot summary sounded interesting so I decided to pick it up and read it.

Let's just say that I was hooked. I do not know that last time that I read a book this fast. I was done in 3 days, and yes I was still doing other things during the day.

It was interesting to read this book designed for adolescents about how life would change if a major event like a meteor hitting the moon changed life as we now know it. I believe that the author did a great job identifying many of the issues the teens and the public would go through if such and event occurred. I would only hope that all young people would be able to step up to the challenges as well as the three young characters in this book. I fear that many of our youth today would not deal as well as Miranda and her brothers.

I am looking forward to reading the follow-up book to this one about a young man in New York City during the same time period.

View all my reviews.

No comments: